Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid wins Mercury Prize

I know the results have been out for a week, but it's taken me this long to get over it. I'm clearly not on the jury for these things. I've come to accept they deserve this prize; this album truly is phenomenal. It's rife with subtle nuances that take a while to get into your ear, but when they do they stick. It's also the first time Elbow has recorded, mixed and produced an album entirely on their own without any help. And the writing's really grown on me. Even since my last post on the issue.

"There's a hole in my neighbourhood down which / of late I cannot help but fall."



Dear NMP, please stop nominating Radiohead if you're not going to give them the prize. Four is enough.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love radiohead but this song is sounding very modest mouse-esque